Creamy Pasta Primavera
by Mary from Davita
Serving size: 1 cup
* 8 ounces bow tie pasta, uncooked
* 1 cup broccoli florets
* 1 cup carrots, sliced
* one 8-ounce package cream cheese, cubed
* 3/4 cup Rice Dream® Original Classic
* 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
* 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
* 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Prepare pasta as directed on package (without salt). During last 5 minutes of cooking time, add broccoli and carrots to water. Drain.
2. Mix cream cheese, Rice Dream®, Parmesan cheese, onion and seasonings in a large saucepan; cook on low heat until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
3. Add pasta and vegetables together; toss lightly and serve hot.
Nutrients per serving
* Calories: 306
* Protein: 9 g
* Carbohydrate: 36 g
* Fat: 14 g
* Cholesterol: 43 mg
* Sodium: 188 mg
* Potassium: 242 mg
* Phosphorus: 134 mg
* Calcium: 87mg
* Fiber: 2.0 g
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food Choices
* 2 starch
* 1 vegetable, medium potassium
* 3 fat
* For a higher protein dish add chicken or shrimp.
* Frozen broccoli and carrots can be substituted for the fresh vegetables.
* Enriched rice milk contains added phosphorus and calcium. Look for the unenriched products.