Pedicure Infections Can be Deadly!
by Christophe Roberts
Author: Christophe Roberts
A pedicure infection can become a very serious thing and any unusual symptom noticed immediately after a pedicure should not be taken lightly. In recent years many people have had amputations and even died as a result of infections contracted while receiving pedicures. Yes, it2019s that serious!
Although pedicures can be very beneficial to your feet, contracting an infection while getting one can be very detrimental to your health. If the pedicure tools used are not properly disinfected, most notably vessels used to soak the feet, bacteria can be allowed to build to dangerously high levels.
The bad part is that any break in the skin can help harmful bacteria get into your bloodstream. It could be a scrape from scratching a bump too hard, a nick from shaving or even an insect bite. All of these can lead to a pedicure infection by allowing germs to enter your body.
It is very possible also, to contract bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics. The usual kind of bacterium associated with pedicures that is resistant to antibiotics is MSRA or Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. This strain of staph bacterium is resistant to all of the penicillins and as a result is extremely difficult to treat.
If this strain is contracted, the infected area may have to be amputated in order to save the rest of the body from an untreatable infection. If left to progress and spread too long, it will most likely lead to death.
Symptoms of pedicure infection include, small red bumps (resembling spider bites), (deep) pus filled boils, rashes and usually fever. If you notice any of these symptoms after getting a pedicure, please see your doctor immediately!
It is so important that when receiving a pedicure that all equipment and implements used are properly disinfected, especially foot soak vessels that circulate water. Units that circulate water usually have crevices for bacteria to hide and build up.
If someone else is performing the pedicure don2019t be afraid to ask them
what they used to disinfect the equipment. Also don2019t be afraid to ask them to disinfect everything in the front of you and show you the cleaning agents they are using to disinfect. If you2019re not sure if a pedicure tub or other pedicure tools have been properly cleaned and disinfected 2013 don2019t use them or let them be used on you!
The best way to disinfect pedicure equipment, is by using an EPA registered fungicide bactericide and viricide. Look for this designation on the label of cleaning agents used to disinfect equipment used on you. Also, if you have any nicks or scrapes on your legs or feet, its best to wait at least 24 hours before getting a pedicure that involves soaking the feet. And remember to always use the proper methods of how to do a pedicure .
Following this advice could literally save life and limb!About the Author:
Christophe Roberts, author and webmaster of www.pedicuresandfootcare.com, became concerned with the care of the feet ever since learning that numerous people have died and suffered amputations due to infections contracted from receiving pedicures.
The threat became even more real when a friend's aunt died from untreatable, flesh eating bacteria that developed through a pedicure infection. Therefore, being a very concerned consumer, he devoted a considerable portion of his time into teaching others of the risks involved in using pedicure equipment that has not been properly disinfected.
His website, www.pedicuresandfootcare.com, delves deeper into the proper methods associated in caring for the feet of normal people and people with special needs, such as diabetics, HIV patients and others with lower immune system capabilities.
"Many families have been ravaged through the loss of loved ones from something as simple as getting a pedicure. Imagine losing your mother, or sister or wife just because someone forgot, or just didn't care about cleanliness and cleaning the equipment they use. People shouldn't have to suffer because of the carelessness of someone else or because they just didn't know..." - Christophe Roberts
Article Source: www.articlesbase.com/diseases-and-conditions-articles/pedicure-infections-can-be-deadly-718296.html