Ravioli and Zucchini
Recipe submitted by DaVita dietitian Sandra from Colorado.
Serving size: 1 cup
* 9-ounce package of frozen or refrigerated, pre-made meat ravioli
* 2 cups zucchini, julienne cut
* 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
* 1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
* 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1. Cook ravioli as directed on the package.
2. Spray a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat.
3. Add zucchini, onions, bell pepper, garlic powder, basil and black pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until veggies are crisp-tender.
4. Drain ravioli, add broth, and stir into the vegetable mixture.
5. Cover skillet and cook over medium-low heat for another 5 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Stir occasionally, being careful not to break the ravioli.
Nutrients per serving
* Calories: 258
* Protein: 12 g
* Carbohydrate: 27 g
* Fat: 9 g
* Cholesterol: 57 mg
* Sodium: 258 mg
* Potassium: 405 mg
* Phosphorus: 155 mg
* Calcium: 54 mg
* Fiber: 2.4 g
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food Choices
* 1-1/2 meat
* 1-1/2 starch
* 1 vegetable, medium potassium
* If vegetables are prepared earlier, this is a quick and easy meal that anyone can put together.
* Goes well with tossed salad and French bread.