by Brenda from Davita
Recipe submitted by DaVita dietitian Brenda from Washington.
Serving size: 1/2 omelet
* 3 eggs
* 1/4 cup liquid nondairy creamer
* 1 tablespoon water
* freshly ground black pepper to taste
* 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
* 3/4 cup onion, sliced very thin (Walla Walla sweet onion recommend)
* 1 large semi-sweet apple, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (Jonagold, Gala or McIntosh recommended)
* 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400º F.
2. Beat eggs with nondairy creamer, water and ground pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
3. Over medium heat, melt butter or margarine in small, ovenproof skillet.
4. Add onion and apple to the skillet and sauté until onion becomes translucent, about 5 to 6 minutes.
5. Spread out the onion and apple mixture evenly in the skillet and sprinkle cheddar cheese over it.
6. Pour egg mixture evenly into the skillet and cook over medium heat until the edges begin to set. Transfer skillet to the oven and bake until the center is firmly set, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
7. Cut omelet in half and slide each half onto an individual plate. Serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving
* Calories: 307
* Protein: 12 g
* Carbohydrate: 22 g
* Fat: 19 g
* Cholesterol: 340 mg
* Sodium: 212 mg
* Potassium: 288 mg
* Phosphorus: 215 mg
* Calcium: 112 mg
* Fiber: 2.7 g
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food Choices
* 2 meat
* 1 fruit, low potassium
* 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
* 2 fat
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Share Your Recipes for a Kidney Diet.Type 2 Diabetes: Your Healthy Living Guide: Tips, Techniques, and Practical Advice for Living Well with Diabetes