Basil-Lemon Shrimp Linguine
1 pound fresh or frozen large shrimp in shells
6 ounces dried linguini or fettuccine
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
Nonstick cooking spray
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup thin red, yellow, and/or green sweet pepper strips
1/4 cup snipped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil, crushed
1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup sliced green onions
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
Fresh basil sprigs (optional)
Lemon wedges (optional)
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact if desired.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions in water with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, adding asparagus the last 3 minutes of cooking; drain and return to pan. Cover and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat; add garlic; cook and stir 15 seconds. Add pepper strips; cook and stir 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add shrimp, dried basil, if using, lemon peel, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and ground black pepper. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque. Remove from heat.
4. Add shrimp mixture to pasta mixture. Add snipped fresh basil, if using, the green onions, lemon juice, and oil; toss gently to coat. Transfer to serving plates. If desired, garnish each serving with basil sprigs and/or lemon wedges. Makes 4 (1 1/2-cup) servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
* Servings: 4 (1 1/2-cup) servings
* Calories 336
* Total Fat (g) 6
* Saturated Fat (g) 1
* Cholesterol (mg) 172
* Sodium (mg) 463
* Carbohydrate (g) 39
* Fiber (g) 4
* Protein (g) 31