Creamy Pasta Primavera
by Mary from Davita
Serving size: 1 cup
* 8 ounces bow tie pasta, uncooked
* 1 cup broccoli florets
* 1 cup carrots, sliced
* one 8-ounce package cream cheese, cubed
* 3/4 cup Rice Dream® Original Classic
* 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
* 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
* 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Prepare pasta as directed on package (without salt). During last 5 minutes of cooking time, add broccoli and carrots to water. Drain.
2. Mix cream cheese, Rice Dream®, Parmesan cheese, onion and seasonings in a large saucepan; cook on low heat until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
3. Add pasta and vegetables together; toss lightly and serve hot.
Nutrients per serving
* Calories: 306
* Protein: 9 g
* Carbohydrate: 36 g
* Fat: 14 g
* Cholesterol: 43 mg
* Sodium: 188 mg
* Potassium: 242 mg
* Phosphorus: 134 mg
* Calcium: 87mg
* Fiber: 2.0 g
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food Choices
* 2 starch
* 1 vegetable, medium potassium
* 3 fat
* For a higher protein dish add chicken or shrimp.
* Frozen broccoli and carrots can be substituted for the fresh vegetables.
* Enriched rice milk contains added phosphorus and calcium. Look for the unenriched products.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Share Your Recipes for a Kidney Diet.
Type 2 Diabetes: Your Healthy Living Guide: Tips, Techniques, and Practical Advice for Living Well with Diabetes