Ravioli and Zucchini
Recipe submitted by DaVita dietitian Sandra from Colorado.
Serving size: 1 cup
* 9-ounce package of frozen or refrigerated, pre-made meat ravioli
* 2 cups zucchini, julienne cut
* 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
* 1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
* 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1. Cook ravioli as directed on the package.
2. Spray a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat.
3. Add zucchini, onions, bell pepper, garlic powder, basil and black pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until veggies are crisp-tender.
4. Drain ravioli, add broth, and stir into the vegetable mixture.
5. Cover skillet and cook over medium-low heat for another 5 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Stir occasionally, being careful not to break the ravioli.
Nutrients per serving
* Calories: 258
* Protein: 12 g
* Carbohydrate: 27 g
* Fat: 9 g
* Cholesterol: 57 mg
* Sodium: 258 mg
* Potassium: 405 mg
* Phosphorus: 155 mg
* Calcium: 54 mg
* Fiber: 2.4 g
Renal and Renal Diabetic Food Choices
* 1-1/2 meat
* 1-1/2 starch
* 1 vegetable, medium potassium
* If vegetables are prepared earlier, this is a quick and easy meal that anyone can put together.
* Goes well with tossed salad and French bread.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Share Your Recipes for a Kidney Diet.
Type 2 Diabetes: Your Healthy Living Guide: Tips, Techniques, and Practical Advice for Living Well with Diabetes